Connection, Emotions, Health, Mental Health, Neuro-science
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a neuroscientist specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology. Since the early 1980s, she has researched the mind-brain connection, the nature of mental health, and the formation of memory. She was one of the first in her field to study how the brain can change (neuroplasticity) with directed mind input. This week we chat about what is actually happening in the brain with relation to memories, relationships, and life experiences, and how to use mind-directed techniques to help relieve intrusive thoughts.
- The brain, mind and the difference between them
- Suppression is a reinforcement process
- Positive thinking is a band-aid to the wound
- Make the process work for you, discover wisdom and responsibility
- Depression is not an illness, it’s a signal
- Conscious and non-conscious mind
- How to create the shift
- Awareness brings autonomy
- How to dismantle “The toxic tree”
- The connection to suppressing emotions and disease
- The “switch” technique
- Going beyond mindfulness
- Find Dr. Leaf online at www.drleaf.com or on Instagram @drcarolineleaf.