Awareness, Mindset, Neuroplasticity, Transformation
I am so excited to have Dr. Caroline Leaf back on the podcast! Dr. Caroline Leaf is a neuroscientist specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology. Since the early 1980s, she has researched the mind-brain connection, the nature of mental health, and the formation of memory. She was one of the first in her field to study how the brain can change (neuroplasticity) with directed mind input. This week we chat about her new book, Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess: 5 Simple, Scientifically Proven Steps to Reduce Anxiety, Stress, and Toxic Thinking.
- What is the main differentiator between mind and brain?
- Mind is the generator, brain/body is the responder
- The mind is 99% of who we are
- You can learn to control your mind, you are never stuck
- How do we deconstruct toxic thinking
- Awareness is the first step in healing
- How to handle acute traumas faster
- Triggers will always be there, it’s about how you react to it
- What is neuro-cycling and brain building?
- How to be the observer of self
- How to perform a mental “autopsy” and change your life
- Who doesn’t want to learn how to do that?! Be sure to pick up a copy of her new book and find out more about Dr. Leaf online at www.drleaf.com or on Instagram.