addiction, Breakups, Grief, Healing, Identity, Trauma
So many of us struggle with addiction of some kind. But the topic is still shrouded in secrecy and shame, leaving so many people feeling alone or lost in how to begin their healing. This week, I have my dear friend and human behaviour expert, Jaime Jenkins to join me on the show. Jaime and I walk through the relationship between shame, trauma and addiction. We unpack how we can move from feeling alone and detached from our experiences, toward feeling connected and in control of our journey. And, how we can shift from avoidance and denial of our pain, toward feeling and owning our own journey.
- The power of song and healing with addiction, ptsd, mental health
- Addiction is a distraction from presence
- Our world is created by the questions we ask
- Breaking up with your breakup
- How we let go of trauma identity
- Jaime Booth Jenkins BSW MAPP is a human behaviour change specialist and addictions researcher. She is currently completing her MSc Psychology and Neuroscience of Mental Health focusing on the experience of flourishing after addiction. Her work focuses on helping people to overcome internal obstacles that are preventing them from achieving their ultimate goals and dreams. She sits as the Chair of the Board of Directors for Make Music Matter – and believes in the power of music to change the world. She lives in Nova Scotia Canada with her husband, dog, two daughters, and quite a few chickens.
IG: @practicallyawesome TikTok: @mamajenkins
Website (Make Music Matter): www.makemusicmatter.org