Anxiety, Connection, Generational Trauma, Nervous System, Relationship
Dr Nicole LePera @the.holistic.psychologist is truly a game changer in the world of psychology and mental wellness. I was so honoured to join her and discuss her very personal journey into becoming the holistic psychologist and her movement for self-healing. Dr LePera opens up with us on her own childhood, her working through familial enmeshment and codependency, and her foundational practices for self care that are so crucial for every one of us. It is a truly courageous journey to confront the harm we may face within our own family unit, and to break free from bonds that may feel impossible to change. I hope that for anyone who is struggling with difficult or enmeshed family patterns, the wisdom of Dr LePera gives you renewed hope for a future of freedom to be your true self.
- Anxiety, psychology, gut health, trauma and the connection to our nervous system
- How patterns in family can be passed down
- Our subconscious mind runs the show (95%!)
- Why we need to look at the imbalances in our gut
- Why food, sleep and circadian rhythm affects your nervous system
- What is over-activation of the nervous system
- Why we as humans have become dysregulated
- How to build your mental muscle
- Tools to shift your mind when life hits you
- What is emotional addiction?
- What are your edges?
- Ending family enmeshment
- Find more of The Holistic Psychologists resources Here!
- Find The Holistic Psychologist YouTube Here!
- Dr. Nicole LePera was trained in clinical psychology at Cornell University and the New School. She is a holistic psychologist who founded the Mindful Healing Center in Philadelphia. Her work addresses the connection between the mind and body and incorporates nutrition, lifestyle and psychological wellness practices. She is the creator of the movement #selfhealers where people from around the world are joining together in community to take healing into their own hands.