Childhood, Circumcision, Culture, Grief, Parenting, Trauma
This week I was honoured to be joined by filmmaker Brendon Marotta. Brendon has just launched the ground-breaking documentary ‘American Circumcision’ on Netflix. We had an incredibly powerful, raw and real conversation on the issue of circumcision. We went deep on the trauma, pain and often undiscussed power that circumcision still holds in our society today. This is a topic that deserves so much more investigation and I am so passionate about bringing this topic to light. Don’t miss this episode.
- The data behind circumcision.
- Women as supportive of the issue.
- Trauma and circumcision.
- The history of circumcision.
- The power of cultural conditioning.
- How and why is the conversation on circumcision changing?
- Who are the gatekeepers and powerhouses behind the conversation?
- Circumcision the documentary.
- Was there a backlash to the documentary?
- Healing from circumcision and early childhood traumas.
- Healing from grief.
- Brendon Marotta graduated from the University of the North Carolina School of the Arts in 2010 with a B.F.A. in film editing & sound, where he worked in every major role on a film set. In 2013, he completed a year long Meisner Acting program at the Waterfront Playhouse & Conservatory. In 2014, a feature he edited was selected to premiere at the Austin Film Festival and won the Narrative Feature Audience Award there. In 2017, he completed his first feature-length documentary as director, which won Best Documentary at the Lone Star Film festival. Brendon currently lives in Austin, TX.
- Bonus features and full access to film at